Mike Fine: Antoine's Despicable Practice Habits

News: McDyess is going to Denver...

Mike Fine who covers the Celtics for the Patriot Ledger of Quincy, MA,
is on WEEI right now and said the following:

-The way Antoine is practicing is despicable.  He's just hanging back,
taking three-pointers... Other players are hustling.

- It wouldn't surprise me if Pitino let Pierce go.  He duplicates many
of
the things of Mercer.

- Celtics will have a center by committee.  Not much offense there.

- Eldon Campbell is not a very good player... Not very dependable.

- Ike Austin has bad knees and people are leery of signing him to a
big contract.

- This kid's got moves; he can shoot from outside; his defense doesn't
look
bad... I know it's just pick-up games... I felt the same way about
Mercer
last year. He does everything good... I get the impression he's a pretty
smart kid.  I think it's crazy about trading him... I know the talk has
been out there... But I don't see a trade (words to that effect) - Fine
on Paul Pierce.

- I think Dana's got some real value, but can the Celtics afford to lose
him.  I've heard talk out there...