Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:27:06 -0500
From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Jackie MacMullan: Celtics Should Trade Pierce For Potapenko Or Any
Big Man

On WEEI, MacMullan indicated that Paul Pierce may not be long in
Celtic nation.  She said that they should trade Pierce for Potapenko
or some other big man.  Her reasoning was with Ron Mercer now locked
into
a long term salary slot, you can move Pierce for a big man.  There was
some
debate as to whether to deal Pierce now with his stock so high, or wait.
Jackie gave strong indications that we should not be surprised if Pierce
is dealt.

Perhaps the impending Pierce trade will be the subject of the strangely
absent Michael Holley, who's been AWOL the last few days.

Ray