Stewart

The Sacramento Bee is reporting today that the Wizards are also in the bidding
for Yogi: "The Kings appear on a course to lose two of their most popular
young players, free agents Corliss Williamson and Michael "Yogi" Stewart. In
return, if things go according to plan, the sweepstakes prize would be
free-agent center Vlade Divac. Stewart and his agent, Bill Duffy, visited
Toronto on Tuesday, are in Boston today and could be headed to Washington to
check out the Wizards and former Kings teammate Mitch Richmond. Said Petrie of
the likelihood of losing Stewart: "I'd say it's probable."

Anybody know if Stewart and Richmond were buddies or anything? Lord knows they
could use him -- but they're currently capped out, not even counting
Strickland, who's said to be wanting to sign with the Knicks. (There would be
an all-headcase backcourt -- then if Rodman changes his mind about retiring,
all they'll need is Vernon Maxwell.)

Meanwhile, here are highlights of what the Toronto Star is saying about Yogi's
visit with the Craptors (http://www.thestar.ca/editorial/raptors98/990120SPT04a_SP-YOUNG20.html):

"Stewart and his representative Bill Duffy were in town yesterday, visiting
the Raptors' new Air Canada Centre digs. Stewart, however, did not work out
with the Raptors and Duffy said that, contrary to some reports, his client is
not ready to commit to Toronto. "We're here to see what's up," said Duffy. The
Sacramento Kings and the Boston Celtics are the other places in the running,
Duffy said. Boston and Toronto are each already over the $30 million cap,
which means all they can offer is one of two salary-cap exceptions available,
at either $1 million or $1.75 million. In the Raptors' case, they can
unofficially promise more for next year, when they could be as much as $18
million below the cap."

Remember, we're slated to play the Raps in an exhibition game next Tuesday;
the AP is reporting that the lockout is *finally*, officially over and that
camps will open Thursday at 2 pm!