re: no tribute to rodman

>At least, we're not hearing much about "the greatest rebounder of all
>time" any more.  ESPN and others have been reminding us of the stats
>of Chamberlain and Russell which squelch any thought that Rodman was
>in their class.

Not to defend Rodman, god forbid, but here's an interesting set of stats I
stumbled across at http://www.alleyoop.com/rebound.html. It shows the top
rebounding seasons based on a player's number of rebounds divided by the
total number of available rebounds. (The logic being, as a rough example,
that a player getting 20 rebounds in a game with 200 total rebounds equals
a player 10 rebounds in a game with 100 total rebounds.) But then, as Twain
said, "there's lies, damned lies, and statistics." Give me Russell, Cownes,
heck give me Paul Silas anyday.

The Top 20 Rebounding Seasons of All Time

PLAYER		TEAM	YEAR	REB PER GM	REB %
Dennis Rodman	Det	1992	18.7		0.22
Dennis Rodman	Det	1993	18.3		0.21
Dennis Rodman	San	1994	17.3		0.20