Always Nervous Ozerskis

Funny.  Now that Mercer seems safe and Antoine is to be signed, all I
need to rest easy is the knowledge that Pitino at least wants to see
Pierce play.  I was not much assured by Pitino's attributed remark
that there was "not much substance" in the three way talks, nor by the
ominous predictions about a "big story" by Mike Holley in the next few
days.  (Hopefully its about Leo Papile getting a sex change.)  Pitino
has to know how good Pierce is, that he was a lock for a top three
pick, that Magic Johnson has said he will be great, etc. etc.  I just
wish Rick had told Bulpett that the talk about the trade was
completely unfounded.  Anyway, now that Spree has gone to NY I guess
the deal is dead, if it ever existed.  There's no way Rick would deal
a player like Pierce to Pat Riley directly.

BTW, does anybody out there think it's possible that Jones will be
headed elsewhere?  Since Antoine plays forty minutes a night at power
forward, and since Battie is hardly a full timer at center, where is
Popeye going to get his bread and butter minutes?  He's not the type
of player that comes in and impacts in a few minutes.

---Mark Berry  wrote:

> Sorry, in my analysis of the proposed four-team trade, I confused
Potapenko with
> Zydrunas Ilgauskus. Hard to do considering Potapenko went to college
just 30
> minutes from where I live. Anyway, it makes a huge difference.
Ilgauskus would