Re: WEEI Is Blasting Antoine

>>They're toasting him about not making it to Boston and his lame
>>excuse that he couldn't get a plane out of O'Hare.  Listeners
>>are calling in left and right, that they managed to catch various
>>planes out of the snowy and Windy City, although some of their
>>flights were delayed.
>>Ray
>
>I'm not a big walker fan but give the guy a break.  they had 22 inches of
>snow
>and the city is pretty much crippled.

I'm living in Chicago now (and delighting in the prospect of a truly awful
Bulls team next year; Their latest plan is to replace Jordan with, get
ready for this one......BRENT BARRY. Ha ha ha.  They're going to fall lower
than either the post-championship Celtics or Pistons did!).  How do we know
if Toine can get back to Beantown or not?  Planes have been delayed for the
past 2 weeks.  Maybe he can't get a first class seat (I know, boo hoo).
I'm sure it's not easy for a 6 foot 9" person to fly coach.  Hell, I'm 5'
10" and I don't have enough room most of the time.

Anyways, all of this talk of Antoine is totally moronic.  I mean if Pitino
says he's not worried why should the Big O or any of his listeners?  All of
this was probably started by that moron/punk Gerry Callahan.  I miss WEEI
(having moved to Chi from Boston this summer) but god did I get tired to
listening to his whining.

Walker will be fine and ready for the season don't worry.  Even if the
players are making millions of dollars it doesn't mean they don't have
lives or things to take care of.

Don't tell me that if WEEI locked out the on-air windbags, uh I mean
personalities, and when the lockout ended they said "start work monday, but
you can come in a week before and talk on air to get back in your rythym"
that Glen Ordway, Gerry Callahan, Dan Shonsey (as Fred Smerlas says) would
be coming in early?!?  The Big O would be stuffing his face, Gerry would be
writing crap for SI, and Dan S. would be working on his 100th book on the
Red Sox.   Come on people.

Who is Bob Ryan to call anyone a jerk.  I used to work at the Kendall
Square Cinema in Boston and he came in to see The Butcher Boy.  It was
during the day and I said something like "Hi, Mr. Ryan" or something and he
grunted and just kept on walking.  He was a big asshole, It's not like I
was asking him for an autograph or something, He could have just said hi or
something.  Hell even Matt Damon and STeven King (both who also came into
the theater were nice to those of us who worked there).  Guess hypocrisy
isn't limited to politicians.
Mark Piotrowski
Registrar,
Northwestern University Prosthetic-Orthotic Center
345 E. Superior St.
Room. 1712
Chicago, IL 60611

(312) 908-8006