Re: Campbell...Mashburn...NOOOOOOOO!

Here's my take on the Campbell rumor: What, really, are we risking? Knight and
Minor? These are two marginally talented, no-position, overpaid players. In
terms of contributions to this team, we're giving up nothing. Campbell is a 6-11
leaper who has been knocked for inconsistent effort. He is overpaid at $7
million per year. But, let's just assume that his biggest problem is that he has
been asked to play a pure complementary role on a team with Shaq, Eddie Jones,
Kobe Bryant and, until this season, Nick Van Exel. Remember, as a starter he put
up decent numbers. And 8 rebounds a game isn't great, but it beats what we're
getting from our starting center.

I guess all I'm saying is we're giving up awfully little for a player who could
be a big contributor. Is he a perfect solution? No. Is he any more of a risk
than Stewart? I don't think so.

The biggest sacrifice in this deal is cap room two years from now. I say let's
get better and deal with that down the road. Remember, the new CBA means there's
not going to be as much player movement in the future.

I guess I feel like we all could grow old waiting for the perfect center. We're
not going to get Tim Duncan and we're going to be drafting too low to get the
next great one. Let's just improve on what we have.

Mark