Re: Rogers vs Stewart

In a message dated 1/13/99 11:03:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jim_meninno@hotmail.com writes:

<< I think you are probably adding up his stats for the two games he played
 against New York last year.  Check out the box scores...

I don't think I added up the games - just a case of my memory going back to
Nov.97 when I have trouble remembering what I had for dinner last night. He
did put up 8 pts, 10 reb, & 4 blocks tho in 24 min. while Ewing labored to put
up 21 pts of 19 shots and managed only 5 boards.

I think if you surround a player like Stewart with Walker, Pierce, Mercer &
Anderson you don't want him shooting anything but gimmes & put backs - we only
play with one ball at a time. You want him there to grab some rebounds & block
or redirect shots which I think he can do. We hoped for this from Rogers but
he was never physically able to do anything. DeClerq & Knight can then be used
for change of pace depending on whether you want a maniac or a finesse player
out there. That's when you'd bring Popeye in and give one of Walker-Mercer-
Pierce a rest.

Just a thought.

George