RE: stupid trade idea

Josh wrote:

> Look at things from Campbell's viewpoint.  He's Shaq's backup.  No matter
> how hard he plays, he'll still only get 10 to 15 minutes per game.  His
> only real crime is being worse than Shaq.  Yes he has a motivation
> problem.  But what are we paying Pitino $7,000,000 per year for?  Isn't
he
> supposed to be a coach who can motivate players?

Actually the Lakers & Shaq  really want a physical 4, and have tried to get
Oakley.  If you have seen him play he just seems to lack motivation.  When
he did start in 96 ? , he played well , but has went downhill since signing
the big contract, but as stated could be a motivational project for Pitino,
but when your guaranteed $7M or more even when your sitting,  it could be
difficult.

> But you're right John, I should think of more realistic trade
ideas...like
> Travis Knight and Andrew DeClerq for Tom Guggliotta.  This may be an okay
> trade for us but I don't like it.  DeClerq and Knight have lots of
upside,
> while Googs is a finished product with very little upside.

I would love to get Gugliotta, but I am not sure he would fit with Walker ,
they seem to be suited for the same position unless AW becomes another Dave
Cowens or Wes unseld and plays the 5, but he would really take a beating.

Loy Vaught would be a great acqusition to give AW a breather without
significant frop off, but I would expect others to pursue him.