vescey article

Could someone please post the entire Peter Vescey article. I don't have access
and would really be interested in reading what he says.

By the way, here's my take on some of the rumors floating around:

A few of them make sense when considered in conjunction with others. For
example, I don't see the real need for a Michael Stewart with Declercq and
Knight on the roster, but if Knight is traded for Battie, we need another
center, even a limited one like Stewart. Battie then gives us a true power
forward who could play alongside Stewart to give us a shot-blocking presence in
the middle. It also frees us from Travis' contract. But I think the C's are
hesitant to just dump Knight for an inferior player (and Battie is inferior; his
stats, bad as they were, were inflated by a bad team trying to prove he wasn't a
bust) if they don't have another center ready to go. Stewart would be that guy.

Also, if we can get Mashburn for something other than our "big four" then I say
it's a good deal. It would give us duplication at the small forward position
(with Pierece), but it also gives us trade options that right now don't really
exist.

Can't wait until Monday for the frenzy to start.

Mark

P.S. On Jordan -- I know this is a Celtics list and we all bow to the deities
Russell and Bird, but can't we all admit that Jordan was one of the best ever to
play the game and appreciate his career? He did it differently than our favorite
Celtics, but he still did it. I used to dismiss him early in his career because
he couldn't win a title, but then he won six. I don't care about the "diluted"
league, because everyone on this list would be counting those titles if we had
been the ones winning them. Give me Magic, Michael, Bird, Baylor and Russell for
my all-time team and let's not quibble over who was the best ever.