Re: Michael Holley: Antoine Says He's Happy To Be A Celtic For The Next Seven Years

This is one of the best quotes I've heard in ages.  It's great to hear
Antoine talking like this (whether he means it or not).  I'm sure all of
the quotes from last year were just negotiating strategies.  I suppose
this is too.  He only needs to convince the Cs that he's their franchise
player, and he will get a maximum offer.  I go along with the sentiment
that has been expressed on the list that Antoine is a great competitor
that loves the game.  I also love that this agreement makes it possible
to keep him.  It's only too bad it didn't happen two years ago so that
Antoine and Ron, as will as Pierce, had five year rookie deals.

Jim

>Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 08:23:32 -0500
>From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>
>CC: celtics@igtc.com