Re: Thoughts on new CBA and upcoming season

I've been wondering this myself.  If it works this way, then at year 7
they might want a 3 year deal again, just to get a bigger one at year
10!  This system could have put an end to the long term, guaranteed
contract!

Are we sure that it is not built into the system that the contract can
increase as you reach the next tenure level?  I.e., a 7 year contract
could include 2 years at 0-6, 3 at 7-9 and 2 at 10+.  Or, is the entire
contract bound by the limits for your length of service at the time of
signing?

Jim