Re: Trav

If Jerry West is willing to trade Battie for Knight, I would do it in
a hummingbird's heartbeat.  Knight couldn't have played worse than he
did last year, whatever his numbers may say.  I could forgive him his
infant's musculature, but he has no heart either.  He gave up on plays
all the time.  He was terrified to put the ball on the floor.  He
played like an old lady.  Tony Battie may be dumb, but he's
aggressive,  can flat out shoot the ball, run like a deer, and rebound
like a center.  he must be a bad guy if West is already ready to give
up on him, since he clearly has talent.  Still, I'd take Master P over
Travis, and Battie has definitely got game.

Josh

---peter delevett  wrote:

> Much as we all like to bash Travis, let's realize that he did not
have all
> that bad a season last year. Did he justify his contract? No.
(Although as has
> been pointed out before, $3 mil a year for a starting center, should
Travis
> become one, is not all that bad). Let's look at his stats: in 20 MPG
he had
> 6.5 points, about 5 rebounds and, most importantly, 1.1 blocks -
more than
> people like Sabonis, Big Country, Vin Baker, 'Reef, Ike Austin and
Brian Wil,
> uh, Bison Dele. And then, let's remember that last year was only his
second in
> the league; he improved in every statistical category (except FG %)
over his
> rookie year. If Pitino can re-think how he wants to use Travis to
best utilize
> his talents, he can contribute. Finally, if Jerry West wants to
re-acquire
> Knight, that's the best reason to keep him. I am not at all high on
Battie
> (who, of course, we could have drafted in 97 instead of Billups).
Though