The Celtics

Okay folks, time for me to do a post about what I think will happen with
each player.

Antoine Walker - Will re-up at the end of the season. Gotta love the new
CBA. Forget all trade rumors about him unless of course he has a massive
falling out with RP.

Kenny Anderson - Hasn't been given much of a chance to prove himself
with the C's yet. Will be someone to reassess at the end of the season.

Dana Barros - Is tradeable, but only for the right deal. Pitino respects
his leadership and maturity. Always needed on a young team. His shooting
is also another big facet of the Pitino system. An overpriced Steve
Kerr.

Greg Minor - Will find a deal for him. Wave him good bye even if the
deal is an 'Eric Williams' special.

Pervis Ellison - See Above

Travis Knight - If Pitino wants a 'big' man at center and the C's miss
out on a big name center free agent then he may be traded to the Jazz
for Ostertag.

Ron Mercer - I definitely hope he stays, but the reality is that he may
be the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade.

Andrew DeClercq - The type of player that flourishes in a Celtics style
team. Hard work will pay off for him. Hes a Celtic for life.

Walter McCarty - If its true that he has added 20lbs and its strength
(not flab) then he will be a gun this season. A Celtic as long as Pitino
is.

Dontae` Jones - A goner. Hasn't got the ability to play NBA, but has the
athleticism. May go overseas and work on his game then come back.

Bruce Bowen - Could turn into a stud this year for the Celtics. I'm
expecting 12ppg and 4-5rpg, 2-3apg, 1spg.

Popeye Jones - If we get 'Hot Plate' or a center then he is a goner.

Paul Pierce - Our candidate for ROY.

Roster that I'm sure will happen (after losing our flat out tradeables
for 2nd rounders, whatever)

C - DeClercq / Knight
PF - Walker / McCarty
SF - Pierce / Bowen
SG - Mercer /
PG - Anderson / Barros

If the C's do the Knight/Ostertag deal (and I'm not sure that they will)
then DeClercq becomes an all-purpose backup at 4/5 with Tag moving into
the starting lineup. The Celtics then target a backup swingman, another
backup big man (probably 'Hot Plate') and an addition of  3rd string
point guard.

If the trade for 'Tag isn't made then the C's will sign Geiger for sure.

Backup swingman to target

Dell Curry
Johnny Newman
Mario Elie
Sam Mack

I'd be trying to sign Dell Curry out of that group.

Third string point guards

Corey Beck
Anthony Goldwire
Terry Dehere
God Shammgod
Alvin Williams

I believe Anthony Goldwire is the more likely free agent signee out of
that group as it has been rumored that Alvin Williams will be signing
with the Blazers for the $1 mil exception.

Possible lineup after free agency

C - Geiger(Ostertag) / DeClercq / (Knight)
PF - Walker / McCarty
SF - Pierce / Bowen
SG - Mercer / Curry
PG - Anderson / Barros / Goldwire

The Celtics don't need Mashburn or any other trades after that one and I
wouldn't be in a rush to use the $$$ created by the trades. I'd be
playing under the cap this season and then use the money to sign players
after we work out what we have to 'upgrade' when we're re-signing
Walker, McCarty and Bowen at the end of the season as we will be under
the cap big time.

Warwick