Re: Celtic loyalty

At 09:27 PM 1/5/99 EST, you wrote:
>  SUPPOSE there is no 1998-99 season; SUPPOSE that the Boston franchise then
>moves to Pittsburgh and the same players emerge as the Pittsburgh Ironmen;
 in
>the 2001-02 season, a brand new franchise appears in Boston calling itself
the
>Celtics.  Now the Ironmen (Walker, Pierce, Mercer et al) are playing the
>Celtics.
>   Who are you rooting for?

In this case there are no Celtics. A new franchise with an old name is not
the same. Remember that the current Celtics franchise is already the second
with that name in Boston. They are not the same and this third frachise
would not be the same. In this case, it's over.

There will be a period of morning and life moves on. I'll pick a new team
based on a number of factors. Players being only a small part of that.

 Alfred C Thompson II              These opinions are mine and may not
 Teacher, Hacker, Net Surfer   be shared by organizations lucky enough
 act2@tiac.net                 to have me as a member or employee.
 http://www.tiac.net/users/act2/