Re: Celtic loyalty

   Interesting question Douglas!  It reminds me of a Jerry Seinfeld bit in
which he is poking fun at pro sports these days in which there is a great
deal of player movement from team to team via free agency, etc.  He says
that the fans, who in the past were loyal to the players who were on their
teams for the long haul are now being subjected to new faces every year.
Jerry said the fans are being reduced to "rooting for the clothes."
     That's pretty funny, but also sadly true.  That's why it's still alot
more fun for me to go back and watch my tapes from the Bird era.  Larry,
Kevin, Chief, DJ, Danny, Tiny, Max, ML, Henderson, etc.  Those were the
Celtics!
      The present team (to whom I am trying very hard to warm up to but it
is difficult) -- these guys are not The Celtics.  They are a bunch of 90's
tatooed greedy brats (with the possible exception of Andrew DeClerq and a
couple of others) who just happen to be wearing clothes that say "Celtics."
Ed

Ed Ag  afn15554@afn.org