Isaiah's hidden agenda

	Reading these articles about Isaiah Thomas possibly challenging
the union's leadership, I can't help wondering what's in it for him.  The
most obvious factor is that he doesn't get paid by NBC until they start
broadcasting games.  All of his righteous talk about not letting the
players miss paychecks is really about him missing his own paychecks.  And
we know that Isaiah has wanted to own an NBA team for a long time.  He
became GM of the Toronto Raptors because they gave him part ownership.
Now the Raptors are in financial chaos and will probably be sold some time
this year.  I have a feeling that David Stern has told Isaiah to help him
undermine the union and help win approval of the NBA's CBA proposal.  In
exchange Stern will give Isaiah and his investment group the inside track
on buying the Raptors.

Jeremy

P.S. Let's see if this ends up in Michael Holley's next column.