Paul Pierce with the fans

I just read an old interview with Paul Pierce at www.nba.com, and in it
he said:

Celtics INSIDER: Because the lockout took effect
                 almost immediately after last season's draft, the people
                 of Boston never really got a chance to meet Paul
                 Pierce. Would you like to tell them about yourself?

Paul Pierce: I think they are going to see a player who is going to go out
		 and work hard every night, trying to improve and get better.
		 I'm good with people and enjoy interacting with fans and
		 kids so I know they'll love me. Basically, they are getting
		 someone who's going to leave everything I have out on the
		 floor. They'll get 100 percent each and every night.

That reminded me of something interesting I saw at the end of last night's
game against the Knicks.  With just under a minute to go, the Celtics had
the ball and were settling into a halfcourt "run-down-the-clock" offense
as the game was safely put away.  Pierce knew nothing would be happening
for the next few seconds, so as he walked across the halfcourt line on the
right side, he held his hand out for hi-fives with some kids sitting in
the front row, and chatted with them for a second or two.  This was while
he was playing in the game, with the clock running!  I guess he wasn't
kidding when he said he enjoys interacting with the fans!

Jon Mc