Re: WALKER & PIERCE

----------
> From: Dorine <norine@sover.net>
> To: celts <celtics@igtc.com>
> Subject: WALKER & PIERCE
> Date: Sunday, February 28, 1999 3:45 AM
>
> So what's so wrong with what Cousy said?  It wasn't particularly pretty,
and
> it's just one of his expressions.  Stop bashing probably the best point
> guard who ever played the game.  He's earned our respect, because of him
> many of those banners are hanging over the Fleet Center.  He's probably
the
> main reason I became a Celtic fan many years ago.  This game was not as
much
> fun to watch as the last two, but it's a win.
>
> Dorine

Nothing's wrong with what Cooz said.  He's right.  This was an ugly game
and an uneven Celtic effort until Pierce and Walker took over in the 4th to
deliver the win.  Super job by those two by nailing key jumpers.  But the
game was fraught with bad passing, unfinished layups and too many missed
free throws.  Except for Van Horn, boy, the Nets are pitiful...down the
stretch they just wilted and we turned it on.

Love the win, though!!!!!  We're 6-5!!!

Bob G