More postgame thoughts

I just read Bill C's postgame summary, great as usual...just a few more of
my 2 cts.

I am growing more and more tired of Walker and his disco shimmy Chris Canty
crap.  Pitino should strip him of his captaincy right now.  No captain
until Pierce is mature enough to take over.  Yes I am psyched over his
little 3rd qtr hot streak, but right now Pierce is the main Celtic (duhh),
and Walker needs to realize that and quit this prima donna BS.

I was impressed with Battie tonight, though I think some of you disagree on
my take that I thought it was Battie's best as a Celtic.  His pass to
Barros at the end of the 1st qtr was just terrific.  He hustled and played
hard tonight, and didn't seem to let Ewing take over down low when he
played the 5.

And I still don't think that Andrew DeQ gets enough credit for the job he
does.  He looks like McHale at times with some his shots in the paint
(looks like, I said!), and works his butt off, a lot harder than Ewing ever
does.  DeQ is still no match for the bigger stronger guys who do have heart
and desire. but I like DeQ a lot and hope he stays.

We at times still have a bad habit of tossing up the quick J rather than
waiting for a better shot.  Wednesday night was perhaps the best
disciplined game we've ever played in the Pitino era (arguable?).  Tonight
we got back to some old bad habits but the Bricks were too tired to really
make us pay.  Bill C is right about some of Pierce's shot selections, and
that sort of stuff becomes contagious.

TNT was all over Grandma's case!  Man, he had no legs and didn't take a
shot until the 4th qtr or something.  Lack of conditioning is one thing,
but LJ looked like he mailed it in tonight.  I'm sure the Brick fans
appreciated that.

Great job by the C's tonight, and let's get back to better discipline for
the Nets tomorrow night!!

Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://www.bobgeorge.com