Re: Post doctor

OK, here's one of those posts that makes me wonder if we all watch the
same games.  Antoine's defense is mediocre; fine.  His offense is
hurting this year; ok.  He is 20th in the league in rebounding (and,
what, top 10 last year) because the balls just fall to him?  Did I read
that right?  It's easy to get 10 rebounds a game?  Antoine doesn't go
after rebounds aggressively?  I've got to disagree with this 100%.
Antoine's rebounding game *is* going aggressively after the ball.  You
are right in saying he isn't the best at blocking out.  But that's
because he's going after the ball.  Aggressively. Who does block out all
the time these days, anyway?   And another thing, when is he ever the
tallest person out there?  He's not usually even taller than the man
he's guarding.

Antoine's points, rebounds, assists, points and *minutes* are all down
about 10% this year.  What a coincidence.  If he can figure out how to
hit the shots he's getting (making all his layups would be a start), his
scoring will be back where it was.

Let's all watch Antoine under the glass tonight and see if we think he's
being aggressive.  I guarantee you will *frequently* see him sandwiched
between Bo Outlaw and Horace Grant fighting aggressively for the ball.
Pay particular attention to the offensive glass, where he's the ninth
most aggressive player in the league.

Jim

>Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:06:51 -0500
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@MIT.EDU>
>Subject: Re: Post doctor

>He [Antoine Walker] does not agressively try for the
>rebounds....they generally fall his way because he's the last one
standing there or because he's the tallest. Getting 10 a game that way
is not that difficult. Put him up against a good or great rebounder and
he either doesn't try or has a bad statistical game.