Re: Pitino's brilliant plan

For Pete's sake, how many games have the Celtics been winning
with Antoine taking the shots?  It's not like they've been a
playoff team the past two years. And why should Antoine be the focus
of the offense, when clearly Pierce is the much better offensive
player?  He's a better finisher/pure shooter/free throw shooter.
It's only logical to make him the primary option and give Antoine
a secondary role.  The problem is that Antoine is having trouble
coping with this and also the fact, Ron Mercer has taken a more
forceful role in the offense.  Now Antoine is pouting, rather
than accepting the obvious, that he's no longer the dominant
figure on the team.  Antoine should now concentrate on rebounding,
boxing-out, defending opposing power forwards, gathering offensive
boards, acting as a point forward, passing the ball to Pierce and
Mercer, but I doubt it will happen.  Antoine's ego won't allow it...
MG

skmishra <skmishra@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Here are excerpts from the AP report:
>
> > Perhaps he should have benched Antoine Walker instead. Walker had a
> terrible game, missing his
> > first six shots _ including two lay-ups _ and committing two
turnovers in
> the first half. By the third quarter, > he was cursing at Anderson
over a
> mix-up at the defensive end and bickering at his bench
>
> I had mentioned this I belive last Wednesday, that Walker doesn't
get the
> ball, when Anderson is at  point. I think the bickering is an
aftermath of
> that. I can't imagine how can Walker take just 6 shots in a half and
the C's
> hope to win. This thing has been happening since the Miami
game..Walker is
> getting as many shots in a game as Dana Barros..go figure. - Mishra

Walker
> >>doesn't get the ball more we lose this game too. - Mishra
> >
> >I could be wrong, but the Celtics start the third quarter trailing by
> >double digits, Walker hits two of his first three shots and then
doesn't
> >take another shot until the nine minute mark of the fourth?
Yes?...No?