Del Harris

Below are rumours about the Fakers' coach Del Harris from this morning's
New York Post.

Joe

p.s. This has to be the most excruciating Red Sox offseason in memory
:-)

************
(Copywrite NYPost/Vecsey)

(....) From what I'm told, the players, almost to a man, are simply
exhausted from standing around at practice and listening to Harris talk.
Something he's been known to do at great length everywhere he's been.
And, because the players are repeating the same mistakes, it's the same
speech over and over again.

"Granted, we can't shoot," said one player, "but we're not in shape
either. We need all the practice and scrimmaging we can get and all we
do is listen to Del."

Obviously, there must be larger issues than anesthetizing players and
under-working them. According to one source, what upsets the players
more  than anything is Harris' unwillingness to confront problems.

Offered an agent of a Laker player: "Del is non-confrontational. He
tries to please everyone and winds up provoking everyone. He's a firing
waiting to happen."

The good news is, Harris has received a vote of confidence. The bad news
is, it's from Bruce McNall.