Re: I Can't Take This Much Longer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Hurst <gh18@juno.com>
>Last year the celtics ran a offense that gave them similar continuity.
>The offense looked similar to the flex offense.  However, this years
>offense has no rhyme or reason.  I think Pitino is still trying to
>determine who should get the ball coming off the screen, who is the
>slasher,who is the  three point shooter, and the  threat to score a
>little down low.  When he can determine the roles of these players the
>offense will blossom.

I don't see what is there to evaluate about? Here are the most obvious
answers:
Coming of a screen: Mercer, Pierce
Slasher: Mercer, Pierce
Low down: Walker, Popeye
3 pt : Barros, Walker, Pierce
Do you disagree?

>NOTE:
>
>1.   I agree with Pitino, there is no reason to throw the ball to the
>post if the centers can not score consistently.

There is however a need to get the ball to Walker on top of the key so that
he can either take his man one on one or draw the double team.

>3.  Kenny would be better if he had a backup point guard that was on the
>verge of getting major playing time ( Pierce's presence will make Mercer
>a better player).

I agree. - Mishra