Re: I Can't Take This Much Longer.

I think the real problem is that we still do not possess a low post
scorer that we can go to in the low post at any given time.  Therefore,
we run a high post offense where the big men are no more than screeners
or blockers. The screeners and blockers are designed to screen and get
garbage baskets.

One might say that the bulls had a similar problem.  However, the bulls
ran a triangle offense that had constant movement and their best players
were highlighted.  Jordan or Pippen would  isolate, drive, shoot coming
off the screen, or pass to the open Steve Kerr if you double teamed.

Last year the celtics ran a offense that gave them similar continuity.
The offense looked similar to the flex offense.  However, this years
offense has no rhyme or reason.  I think Pitino is still trying to
determine who should get the ball coming off the screen, who is the
slasher,who is the  three point shooter, and the  threat to score a
little down low.  When he can determine the roles of these players the
offense will blossom.

The flex, triangle, motion, and similar offenses are designed to give
constant movement, eliminating the need for a weakness such as the lack
of a inside scorer or point guard.  The college teams that run these
offenses are the Princetons and any team that Dick Bennet coaches (
Wisconsin Green-Bay and now Wisconsin).

NOTE:

1.   I agree with Pitino, there is no reason to throw the ball to the
post if the centers can not score consistently.

2.   Until the players are all healthy Pitino can not evaluate the
players enough to determine their role on the team.

3.  Kenny would be better if he had a backup point guard that was on the
verge of getting major playing time ( Pierce's presence will make Mercer
a better player).

Greg
gh18@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]