Re: Pro And College Point Guards I'd Rather Have than Kenny Anderson

Mister Ghost said:
> This is my unbiased opinion of course :)  Seriously, I think
> the C's are going to have to go out and find a replacement.
> Anderson appears to have lost a step as he just can't guard
> anyone.  In a trapping system, he's a liability.  So if
> he doesn't create easy transitional offense, and is defensively
> limited, he's obviously in the wrong situation with the
> Celtics.  While Anderson was an upgrade from Billups, he's
> obviously not the long term solution.  And here are the PG's:

  I disagree.  I think he's a great long-term solution, if he can stay
healthy.  Yes, the last 3 weeks he's been awful.  Long-term, he'll be more
like he was at the end of last season.  I don't think it's correct to
conclude that his skills are suddenly permanently gone after he's had
10 months sitting around resting his knee, then he's thrown back into
Pitino-ball with hardly any conditioning.  That would give anyone trouble.

  I predict he'll be back to his old wonderful self within a month.
Yes, he'll still be somewhat of a defensive liability, but not so bad
that his help to the offense won't more than make up for it.

Jon Mc