Re: Antoine

Georgek27@aol.com wrote:

> I've always ben an Antoine fan but it seems that this year he is getting abused
> by those he abused last year.(clip)

Yeah, I'd have to agree. If you said that Paul Pierce is the MVP on the team (so
far), you wouldn't get any argument from me.

Like you, I'm disappointed by AW's LoveShaq numbers at the free throw line. Any
guy who chucks up nearly 5 three-point attempts per game has no freaking business
shooting .525 at the charity stripe. It's early, but Antoine is a third-year pro
with a responsibility at this stage of his development to make better than 2/3rds
of his free throws, even if he has to visit a shrink or whatever. As long as most
highschool and recreational players can shoot better free throws, I think fans
have a right to give Antoine a very hard time about it. We can't let this develop
into an acceptable trend, as per Shaq-ass out in La La Land.

If Toine had only made his freethrows in the second quarter, his stats vis-à-vis
Shareef's would have been much more respectable.  BTW, I assume Pierce also spent
a fair amount of time "guarding" small-forward Shareef.

Go Celtics!

****