Re: Antoine

Georgek27@aol.com wrote:

> I've always ben an Antoine fan but it seems that this year he is getting
> abused by those he abused last year. I know the first half of this season will
> be full of aberations so I'm not panicing yet but it seems that other players
> have taken the "next step" while he's taken one backwards. And his foul
> shooting is terrible even compared to his history! Maybe if the C's hired some
> extra security he could leave his wallet in his locker instead of in his
> shorts and he'd be releived of carrying around all that added weight.  ;)  But
> seriously, I thought that now that he had his contract he would go out and
> prove that he was worth it - I never thought his ego would let him get shown
> up by Webber & Rahim the way he has. Maybe it's just because it was in their
> buildings.
>
> Way to go Pierce! It's nice to have that feeling at the end of a close game
> that you have THE guy who's going to win it anyway he can.
>
> George

Walker was outplayed by Webber, which can happen--Webber was a
first-pick in the draft because he has talent.  But last night Walker
(PF) was not guarding Rahim (SF).  Toine was matched up with Michael
Smith for most of the game.  In the OTs, Walker had at least two key
baskets on putbacks, and he made his FTs (3 for 3, I think).  And as we
saw last year when Toine scored 49, it doesn't matter how many points
Rahim scored--his team lost.
--
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI