Re: OH BABY!

More likely his sore back kept him from giving it the full treatment. I
was wondering if that was how he hurt himself!  I don't want to start
another wiggle debate, but I've gotta say I love the way you can see him
jumping up, waving his towel on the bench.  I mean, this is not ML.
Antoine plays 40 minutes a game at a frantic pace and still goes nuts on
the bench when a teammate scores a big basket.  I love that.

Along these lines, did everyone notice in the fourth quarter, Paul
Pierce faked a three and drove to the middle.  The fake not only got his
man in the air, but the entire Celtics bench jumped up thinking he was
going to drain another one.  They've already got that kind of confidence
in him.  Now if we can tell him it's OK to score in the first half!

Whoever said they were unhappy with Pierce's early foul trouble, try
looking at it like this.  How many rookies have the poise to come back
into the game and trap and press without picking up more fouls. He could
have easily been fouled out with 10 minutes left, but he is a much more
mature player than most rookies.

I think I'm going to start watching every other game.  Toronto and
Orlando were excruciating, but Cleveland and Miami had me jumping off
the sofa.

Some observations of the last week from my wife, a complete basketball
novice who lived in England her whole life until 18 months ago...

Shawn Kemp:  "He's Chunky!"
Free Throws:  "How come we never make those?"
Pat Riley:  "What does he use in his hair, Vaseline?" (OK, that might
have been because I was yelling "Greaseball" at the tv everytime he was
shown.
Opposition:  "How come they always get such easy shots?"
Favorite C:  Ron Mercer

Jim