Pierce in Globe

Hi list:

Since I haven't yet watched the games, I wonder if someone out there
could comment on what Pitino had to say about Paul Pierce, as reported
by the Globe's Michael Holley. Is he kidding or serious?

FWIW, Pitino had a lot of nice things to say about Pierce as well.

****

"But when we grade our games offensively and defensively, he (Pierce)
grades out the lowest in every area,'' Pitino said. ''All rookies grade
the lowest. Using screens, setting screens, rotating defensively - all
the mental aspects of the game. So he has a lot to learn. But he is a
great physical talent.''

If you know someone who is a true videophile, you should introduce that
person to the Celtics' coaches. They spend hours analyzing game tapes
and grading the players in 20 categories, 10 apiece for offense and
defense. So even though Pierce had the winning hoop, you can be sure
that he heard about his steals (he didn't have any) against Cleveland.
On Friday, he also got lost while chasing Raptors rookie Vince Carter.
That breakdown turned into an easy jumper.  (Boston Globe)