Observations

* I was really upset while watching the Raptors game but not worried.   I
think the Raptors did to us what we did to the Bulls last year.

* The thing I am worried about is this (which I had heard when Pitino was
in NY):  I think that Pitino's system may work the same way a knuckleballer
does.  It's so out of the norm in today's NBA that teams just aren't
prepared for the constant pressing and fast breaking (when it's working of
course - sounds like it wasn't this weekend).  It appears though that
Toronto was able to beat it on the 3rd try.  Some of this was poor guard &
center play by the C's but I'm concerned that in a 5 or 7 game series teams
that may have had trouble with the C's on a random night may be able to
"solve" the trapping/pressing/fast breaking style of the C's.  NY won the
Atlantic w/ Rick but didn't go far in the playoffs.  Something to look for
in the future....

* Jason Williams looked real nice for Sacramento.  He has a true point
Guard mentality.  Looked to get Weber & Divac involved and ran the break
well.  Unlike a guard like Avery Johnson who can just do that, he also has
a really nice offensive game (good shot & nose for when to shoot).  It'd be
nice to see him in the Celtics system but I can't see it happening.

* Eric Montross (of all people) had a real nice game on Sunday against the
Pacers.  Look for him to fulfill some of his potential this year.  He
looked in control of his body and was real active on the boards.  I'm happy
for him to see him settled.  I think he'll really help the Pistons (who
look like a real complete team - they're gonna surprise some people.)

* Anyone notice that the C's have players on both Basketball games for the
Playstation?  Antoine Walker graces NBA Live 99, and Paul Pierce (in his
Jayhawks uni) is on the cover of NCAA Final Four.
Mark Piotrowski
Registrar,
Northwestern University Prosthetic-Orthotic Center
345 E. Superior St.
Room. 1712
Chicago, IL 60611

(312) 908-8006