Re: Fist games

>3 point shooting is way overrated.  Points should be made moving towards the
>basket, not away.  But, there are times when a 3 can be a dagger in the heart.
>Sometimes in the opponents sometimes in your team.
>
>Rich,,,

Threes are especially overrated when you can't make them. Points should be
made any way you can get them...and when you can't make threes, you're
limiting your ability to score and making it easier for others to defend
you. Mercer has said it...Pitino has said...Wallace has said it...it's not
an option...it's not  something that would be nice, but no big
deal...Mercer "has" to be able to hit the three. He "has" to have
confidence in his ability to hit that shot. It'll make him more productive,
make it harder to guard him, and draw defenses away from the middle. I love
Mercer...I think he's going to be an all-star and once again, I wouldn't
trade him for Bryant because Mercer's basketball IQ is much higher than
Bryant's and that's going to translate into more wins for this team...but
Mercer "has" to be able to hit three. And I think he will.

Paul M.