Re: Message to Pitino

----------
>From: damekmo@teleport.com
 In any case, we all knew in our hearts that Schintzius
> had no business collecting an NBA paycheck no matter how small.

Let's not give up on Schintzius just yet. IMO, he entered the game last
night at the wrong time for him(the pace was very hectic and the play very
helter-skelter at the moment), and was involved in several plays where he
_looked_ bad, but really wasn't. Other than the soft (stolen) pass, he got
back on D, blocked a shot, leveled a guy attempting a layup (that's what the
Celts mainly pay him for, right?), got a good piece of Christie's
high-flying dunk (it was pure luck that the ball went in, IMO), and slammed
Christie after the dunk to make him think twice about taking it to the hoop
next time (isn't that what Popeye did to Mercer when he attempted a dunk
against Toronto last year?). So even though he looked (understandably)
frazzled, he did't do so badly, given the circumstances.

> And why
> should anybody fall for the Eric Riley scam?

Why is it a scam? So he isn't dominating the game at both ends, but he's an
out-of-shape minimum-wage tryout, for chrissakes! Despite that, in both
games that I saw he was in double figures in rebounding and scored a little,
too. As someone rightly noted, it may be because of his height and reach,
and not his rebounding acumen, but heck, it's still another dozen
possessions a game for us, right? Besides, the less energy a rebounder has
to expend to get his rebounds (jumping, jostling for position), the better
it is for his team, as he has more energy left for other facets of the game.