Re: Mercer

Shot selection != FG%. Try comparing their FG% to other players in the league by position. Walker's should be higher because he SHOULD be taking higher % shots. Also, I think the primary reason people don't complain about Mercer as much is that he generally takes his shots within the flow of the game. Walker occasionally tries to force things.

But that was then, this is now. The only things people have really complained about this year (so far) was his snow-boundedness and WWF approach to practice.

Personally, I think they both need to (and will) improve their FG% this year.

>I like Mercer but there is a real double standard on this list in
>how Mercer and Walker are treated. For example, Mercer is commonly
>praised as having excellent shot selection while Walker is viewed
>as a shot selection idiot, but last year they shot the same 2-pt FG%.
>Anyways, my guess is that Pitino will sign Mercer to a six-year
>extension but it's not going to be at the maximum.
>
>Alex

Ken Kokubo
Network Operations Center
UIS/Harvard University