RE: I'm satisfied

Warwick wrote:

>>Rick Pitino is a better GM than he is coach - I think I've finally
learnt that today.<<

Unfortunately, I've come to the same conclusion.

If you would have told me people would be thinking this after three years,
I probably would have jumped at it . . . but sadly, it now seems to be more
attributable to a decline in people's opinion of his coaching (in the NBA)
rather than his GM reputation exceeding his stellar college rep as a coach.
Overall he has done well as a GM, but apparently not enough to overcome
what many seem to perceive as his current deficits as an NBA coach.

I don't know, however, that I'd say I'm satisfied. Not that I think that
this team needs a major overhaul. As I've said before, I really like the
personnel that Pitino has assembled.

>>Hopefully we can get another space eater
in the draft this year, perhaps Mihm?<<

I think you're right in suggesting that we need at least one more big body
(one of the reasons the Cheaney signing puzzled me back when).
Unfortunately, I've already been treated to what I was hoping never to see
- Fortson playing center for the Cs. I don't know much about Mihm, but then
I've been trying hard not to think that we should start planning on the
lottery yet again.

Happy New Millennium - Tom Murphy