two things

First, to answer your question Paul, Mason has been grousing in Charlotte
about his role (no wonder, he's been playing small forward and backing up
Derrick Coleman at PF) and apparently has been offered around the league.
Nothing is likely to happen before Eddie Jones comes back, however. What
would he cost? What do we have? He's not worth any of our tradable players
(Toine, Pierce, VP) and who wants the rest (the exception being Griffin, who
you'll never be able to get equal value for)? Why would Charlotte, or
anyone, want Battie? (do people on this list still mention this guy in the
same breath with Theo Ratliff and Marcus Camby?) I guess my answer is, I
don't know how to do it, I just wish we could.

The second thing: Pitino is quoted today in the Herald as saying he's
cutting down on the double-teaming. Each man is going to be accountable for
his own man. His specific example: If you're guarding McDyess (hello,
Toine), you're on your own. If you don't do the job, you're the one who will
be embarrassed.

I know it's not going to be that simple, but hey, it's worth a try.

Mark