Re: They stunk it up!

> The question isn't whether Pitino knows his x's and o's. And I like it when
> they occasionally throw in the fullcourt press. It is a good weapon to have
> in your bag. The question is whether or not Pitino's philosophy of trapping
> half court defense will work in the NBA...

I think we are beyond the philosophical question at this point.  Current NBA
coaches Riley, P. Jackson, and even Karl have used pressing and trapping sets
to their advantage in the NBA, although not at the frequency that RP would like
to use the style.

I think the question at hand is a matter of pragmatics.  How does the
trapping/pressing style work with this group given their current maturity level
and conditioning level?

Hopefully we will find the answer within the next month, with everyone healthy
(knock on wood).

Starke