Such a waste in talent

I don't know if I have ever been as frustrated with the Celtics as I am right
now. I have to still blame Pitino. Why? We have above average players in
Walker,  Anderson and Griffen. We have an average center in VP. We have an
all-star caliber player in Paul Pierce. We have an outstanding rebounder in
Fortson and an outstanding shotblocker in Battie. You can't get players of
this caliber to win any more games?...First play of the game defensively, we
trap C. Richardson on the perimeter. C. Richardson? Why are we trapping him
again? During the game, other conditions could be blamed for trapping him out
on the perimeter. But if it is the first play, I have to say it was by
design. I don't know why and we pay the price...We trap on every pick and
roll. We attempt to trap the dribbler. Why don't we just switch? I don't
think switch is in Pitino's vocabulary. In some cases I know the mismatches
would be too great but man...Anybody remember the last time the Celts had
more than one fast break?...How can you have a lineup with Walker at the 4
and Fortson at the 5 spot???? Pitino finds a way...Pitino again went with the
dead lineup of  Cheaney, Barros, Williams, Fortson and Battie at the end of
the first quarter. The Kings widen the spread, of course. You hear talk of
the conventional 8 man rotation but Pitino stills finds a way to play 11
people...Why can't we just try to be the best rebounding team in the game and
start a lineup of Anderson, Pierce, Walker, Battie and VP with Barros,
Griffen and Fortson as our reserves?....Also, I don't see what Rick is
talking about in the paper about getting stronger in the 4 and 5 spots with
their man to man defense. We trapped Weber every time he had the ball in the
post. We trapped Divac also quite often. If he means that if we somehow got
better, we won't have to trap, then he thinks he is choosing the worst of the
two evils. I say just play them straight up. If we get burned a few times,
that's basketball. His choice right now of trapping the post obviously isn't
working....Another thing is when we take a shot, we have absolutely no chance
of getting an offensive rebound. This is because Walker, who is supposed to
be our power forward, is out at the 3 point line, by offensive
design....Hubie Brown kept going on about how Pierce was getting no respect
from the refs and was fouled many times going to the basket. Wow. It looked
like the same no calls that Pierce and Walker have been getting all season.
But it was nice to hear it from a unbiased observer....Brown also pointed out
that the Celts don't have that many assists because most of their offensive
plays are one-on-one breakdowns. This is true. It is also true because the
Celts rarely fastbreak... I could go on forever. I am so ticked off at
Pitino. Please Rick, just do these two simple things:

1) Cut your rotation down to 8 players, with Walker playing the small forward.
2) Don't trap anyone in the halfcourt unless a player is getting unmerciably
burned.

DJessen33