Re: Celts TV announcers

>From: "Thomas Murphy" <tfmiii@worldnet.att.net>
>
>Item #1
>...How long can it be before Tommy starts to sound like Elmer Fudd?

I don't think it is any accident that Tommy's new found objectivity
coincides with Cousy's near absence from the airwaves.  I think they were
playing good cop/bad cop before.  I think that either Tommy has conciously
taken it upon himself to, or perhaps FSNE has suggested that he might be a
little more critical in his commentary.

>Item #2
>For those of you who DO get the local TV broadcast, is my wife the only one
>who has taken to referring to Mike Gorman as "Smithers"?

Tommy: "He travelled!"
Mike: "He really did."
Tommy: "That was an AWFUL call!"
Mike: "It reheheally was."

Has anyone noticed Gorman's pronunciation of the word "alright"?  "Ahhight,
it's time for the opening tap."  It wouldn't bother me so much if he didn't
say it a hundred times a game.

Jim