Re: Celts TV announcers

At 10:07 AM 12/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Item #1
>Just a note for those of you who don't get to watch the Cs on the local
>broadcast: Tommy Heinsohn reached an important new milestone in his
>continuing metamorphosis from "corporate cheerleader" to "nattering nabob
>of negativism" during the Clippers loss Sunday night. In his post-game
>wrap-up Tommy H. actually criticized the "vaunted press", both generally
>(along the lines of "how do you let what is essentially a jump shooting
>team get all those chances for dunks and lay-ups?") and with regard to the
>timing of its use ("why press when you're leading by eight points?"). For
>the first time that I can recall Tommy seemed to lay a good chunk of the
>"blame" for the loss on the use (and not necessarily the execution) of the
>press. How long can it be before Tommy starts to sound like Elmer Fudd?

Tommy H is correct in his conclusions. The press is a mess and we're not
playing defense at all. These guys are either brain dead or not getting
proper instrutions.

>Item #2
>For those of you who DO get the local TV broadcast, is my wife the only one
>who has taken to referring to Mike Gorman as "Smithers"? (in mocking
>reference to Waylon Smithers, Mr. Burns's unctuous lickspittle on "The
>Simpsons").
>
>Item #3
>Does anyone know why Paul Pierce deliberately fouled in order to get out of
>the game during the 2nd half? Either the announcers never told us or I
>missed it. . .

Pierce slightly tweaked his left arm I believe and or was out of gas and
therefore ran into a Clippers player seemingly on purpose to get a time
out. Nothing became of the injury, at least that showed after.