Celts TV announcers

Item #1
Just a note for those of you who don't get to watch the Cs on the local
broadcast: Tommy Heinsohn reached an important new milestone in his
continuing metamorphosis from "corporate cheerleader" to "nattering nabob
of negativism" during the Clippers loss Sunday night. In his post-game
wrap-up Tommy H. actually criticized the "vaunted press", both generally
(along the lines of "how do you let what is essentially a jump shooting
team get all those chances for dunks and lay-ups?") and with regard to the
timing of its use ("why press when you're leading by eight points?"). For
the first time that I can recall Tommy seemed to lay a good chunk of the
"blame" for the loss on the use (and not necessarily the execution) of the
press. How long can it be before Tommy starts to sound like Elmer Fudd?

Item #2
For those of you who DO get the local TV broadcast, is my wife the only one
who has taken to referring to Mike Gorman as "Smithers"? (in mocking
reference to Waylon Smithers, Mr. Burns's unctuous lickspittle on "The
Simpsons").

Item #3
Does anyone know why Paul Pierce deliberately fouled in order to get out of
the game during the 2nd half? Either the announcers never told us or I
missed it. . .

-Tom Murphy