Nuggets of interest

I hate to point out that the Nugs beat Portland last night and are 3 games
over .500 for the first time in 5 years. Mercer is leading the team with 19
ppg, a rather anemic 4.2 rpg and 2 apg along with one steal and about 2 t.o.,
while shooting 45% and a remarkable (especially for him) 46% on treys. On the
bright side, Chumpy Billups (who may be done for the year) is averaging just
8.6 ppg and 3.0 apg (plus a shade under 2 t.o.) and shooting 34%, 17% on
treys. Give me Kenny any day.

Other tidbits of note are that Roy Rogers is averaging better than 1 block in
just over 10 mpg. The Nugs have 4 players with more than 25 blocks, and two
with more than 40 blocks - Battie leads the Celtics with 29, almost twice
those of #2 Paul Pierce.

So what, some of you might ask? Not much, I just thought it was interesting
... especially since, as somebody pointed out, the Niblets not only have 3
former Celtics but a couple of guys (Keon Clark, James Posey, Chris Herren)
that we might have drafted. They're sort of the "what if?" Celtics. Certainly
the true value of the Mercer trade won't be known until we get Fort Danny back
and we figure out how (or if) he's going to blend with the rest of the
frontcourt rotation.