Another Walker to Philly rumor

> Mitch Lawrence of the NY Daily News says Philly is offering Ratliff &
Hughes for Walker with no mention of Potapenko in this one.  The
salaries
wouldn't work so we'd have to add some to the package.

Troy wrote:
Bad as I hate to admit it, I think I would do this also!  But it won't
happen for 2 reasons "at least".  1.  RP won't trade AW within the
conference.  2.  Philly won't give up both players for AW & garbage.

------

I do think Philly would happily give up both players for AW & Garbage,
bearing in mind Ratliff's horrific stats this year (.382FG%, 0.6apg,
6.0rpg and a troubling 3.8 fouls). You can criticize Antoine's game, but
Ratliff no longer even fits the profile of a starter (he's just 225
pounds, can't pass from the 4 or 5 spot, and fails to pose any threat on
offense). Nor would the Celts be filling any desperate needs on their
roster. This trade would involve downgrading or trading two very similar
players in Battie (statistically even with Ratliff) and the all-around
Griffen (who is playing like the supposedly multi-skilled Hughes wishes
he could play). Battie is sure to lose minutes, since I doubt Fortson or
Potapenko will.

Buy low, sell high. I'd offer a lot less than Walker for Ratliff, and
wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers eventually unloaded his contract
somewhere for considerably less than equal value (as the Celts did with
Eric Williams, Dino, Rick Fox, Wesley etc.).

 I think this rumor stems from Pitino's known admiration of Ratliff,
based on quotes at least a year old. It's akin to the once never-ending
Mashburn rumors. Journalists our just trying to match a plausible buyer
to the seller. We'll see, but I hope I'm right. :-)

Beat LA, Beat LA, Beat LA,

Joe