Re: To the Toine Haters

John Lyell wrote:

> I don't mind if players talks trash, Bird did it, but he could back it up.
> If you talk a good game you had better be able to back it up instead of
> shooting 33%. We got 20/10 and no D from Radja at 3-4M a year.

For the record Radja averaged neither 20ppg nor 10 rpg in any NBA season,
although he came very close in both categories once (the 95/96 season). Some
of the 'I didn't know they played for the Celts' on that roster included Todd
Mundt, Junior Burrough, Alton Lister, Charles Claxton, Larry Sykes, Doug Smith
and of course Thomas Hamilton.  The following season Radja fell off to 14ppg
and was just sixth on the team in scoring behind Walker,Wesley, Fox, Williams
and (a literal insult to injury) Todd "Make My" Day.

Not that you are comparing the two, but Radja never averaged as high as 2.0
assists or 1.0 steals. His FG% ranged from .440 to .521 (as a rookie) which is
considerably better than Walker's.

Joe