Re: Misc. Stats and Trends

> -I believe Jim O'Brien is easily undefeated as a coach, with nothing but
> blowout wins on top of it (he ran the Fila camp). He certainly sounds
> like another potential pro or college coaching prospect after this
> season, which I find interesting because while Pitino credits many
> mentors in his career, I can't think of many understudies that he has so
> far successfullly mentored, with the exception of Florida's Billy
> Donovan.

Tubby Smith?  Herb Sendek?  Jeff Van Gundy?  Ralph Williard was pretty
successful before his problems at Pitt.  Bernadette Locke-Maddox, the first
female assistant in men's NCAA bball, is having success as head of the UK
women's team.  There are a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

Actually Jim O'Brien had a stint at Dayton during the middle part of
Pitino's UK tenure but didn't fair too well.  He's been called an excellent
assistant but not head coaching material.

Tim