Re: Jim O'Brien

In a message dated 12/4/99 9:37:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, bocelts@usit.net
writes:

<< But this team is .500 and I would not have thought that they would be.  >>

If I remember correctly most of us HOPED we could stay NEAR .500 until
Fortson got back.  Let's not forget that his acquisition was supposed to be a
key to this season.

We stunk tonight -- the loss was no one particular player's fault nor was it
Pitino's fault.  There was a stretch in the first half where if not for a
couple of baskets by Battie we might have fallen behind by 20.  The team
battled back but couldn't keep up offensive consistency for any sustained
stretch.  Philly begged us to take the game but we couldn't.  Our shots just
wouldn't fall and the refs rarely gave us any calls either.  What this team
could really use is a guy who can come off the bench and hit some jumpers.
Dana was supposed to do that.  Maybe we can find that guy in the next draft
with a mid-round pick.

George