Re: Jim O'Brien

Hey there Bentz,

I feel your pain.  It was this incessant kind of negative harping which
drove me to put Forant in my kill file.  I don't mind if someone doesn't
like a player.  Lord knows I have several favorite whipping boys myself.
But none of them play for the Celtics.  Some of us call ourselves "fans",
when in reality, we should be calling ourselves "critics" for that is what
some of us truly are.

Blaming Pitino or Walker is en vogue, regardless of the outcome.  And until
Toine stops wiggling and increases his field goal percentage, free throw
percentage, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks, those who are the most
vocal critics, will not let up.

Pitino guided this team back from an enormous deficit tonight and they were
in a position to win the game if Kenny's shot had fallen.  But he will not
be given any credit for it.  He will be scorned because they lost to a team
without Iverson and Ratliff.  The Miami victory will have faded into
oblivion and great delight will be taken when the culprits sit down before
the keyboard.

Like Paul said in another e-mail.  It's the good vs evil thing that they
love to play up.  Griffin and Pierce are good.  Toine and RP are evil.  You
see, they make alot of money, therefore, the expectation level is
astronomical, but only for them.  Battie, who has been called "El Busto" by
more than just Dan Issel, has been superb of late.  But he will receive few
accolades from those who have berated his play earlier in the season.

I ask the question; do the naysayers want him and Toine to do well?  Or do
you prefer to relish the weaker performances so you can have something to
gloat about and someone to whom you can attach blame?

Cecil