Re: Jim O'Brien

In a message dated 12/4/99 11:43:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mdynon@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< P.S.  Someone recently asked whatever happened to list member Kim Malo?
 Perhaps she just grew tired of the rampant negativity on this list. Case
 in point: after last night's satisfying, crucial, payback win over the
 top team in the conference, this morning's posts express no joy in
 victory. That's so predictable, and so regrettable.

Just wait!  The "we only beat them because Hardaway was out" posts are on the
"way".

Let's see:  we won "in spite of AW", "because Ricky got tossed", "because
Barros only played 13 minutes", "because McCarty never got off the bench".

We did not win because Pierce went wild with 9 steals, Battie & VP had great
games, or Kenny shot the lights out.  Maybe that's because Pitino drafted
Pierce and traded for Battie, VP, and Anderson?  But then drafting Pierce was
a "no-brainer" even tho he was passed over by 9 other GMs.

George