Keep Antoine

Keep Antoine... or give me Tim Duncan in return.

I have no interest in Keith Van Horn -- you want to
talk about bad shot selection, indifferent rebounding
and inferior defense (yes, that's INFERIOR, not
INTERIOR)?  There's a reason the Nets are 2-13, or
whatever they are now.

I have no interest in Shareef Abdur-Rahim --
especially after Paul M's post from the Grizzlies'
newsgroup.  Sounds like a lot of gripes we read here
-- and the C's are a .500 team.  When was the last
time an SAR-led Grizzlies team was anywhere near .500?
 Stats, shmats.  Anyone halfway decent can put up big
numbers on a lousy team.

I have no interest in Larry Hughes -- you want to talk
about immaturity?  Where would he fit on this team?
Why not give Pierce more than 14 games to adjust to
the 2-guard slot?

I have virtually no interest in Theo Ratliff -- at
least not at these prices.  He's not a true center.
He is a VERY nice defensive player, but he also has
bad knees.  I'd rather take my chances on Battie
learning to play like Ratliff, at a much lower salary
and without having to give up anything.

I still believe in Antoine Walker.  I still believe he
adds value to this team, even when his shot isn't
falling.  And I think Pitino believes that too,
notwithstanding these ludicrous rumors.

Michael Gooen