To all who are championing the get-Larry-Hughes cause, consider that will
Allen Iverson out, Hughes still comes off the bench -- behind the
illustrious Aaron McKie. Yes, Hughes has a tremendous upside, but right
now Larry Brown has trouble putting up with his defense. And since the
one quality we've all lamented in the Pitino Celtics is the inability to
develop players -- either through impatience or teaching them to reach
their potential -- I'm very loath to pick up a player who has little
going for him besides potential.